Hospice of Knox County has been providing exceptional care to patients and families in the communities we serve since 1983.
|Hospice of Knox County's mission is to provide compassionate, quality care for those with a life-limiting illness. We utilize a team approach, with professional and volunteer staff, to enhance quality of life by offering physical, emotional, and spiritual support services to patients and their loved ones throughout the end of life and grief process.||Hospice of Knox County's vision is to be a leading expert on end-of-life care and grief related issues within the communities we serve. Our vision includes providing community education, so that all individuals with a life-limiting illness and their loved ones have the knowledge they need to make informed decisions regarding care. Hospice of Knox County advocates at the state and national levels for hospice care.|
"...Compassionate, quality care for those with a life-limiting illness."
- It is the belief of Hospice of Knox County that individuals are physiological, psychological, social, and spiritual beings and that within the progression of the life span, death is a natural process.
- Comfort and supportive care is provided by an interdisciplinary team of professionals and qualified volunteers to meet patient and family needs in order to enhance quality of life.
- Hospice of Knox County is dedicated to providing expert care in private homes, nursing facilities, and assisted living residences.
- Hospice care neither hastens nor postpones death, but affirms life.
- Grief support services are offered to loved ones of hospice patients and also to members of the communities we serve.
- Hospice of Knox County believes that all individuals who desire hospice care should have access to it regardless of ability to pay. The same high quality of care is given to all patients.