Hospice of Knox County is dedicated to providing the highest quality services to our patients and families. We are Medicare/Medicaid certified and nationally accredited by CHAP, the Community Health Accreditation Program.
Many of our staff have achieved national certification in hospice and palliative care.
As part of our efforts to continually improve, we measure our performance against other state and national hospice programs.
In recent 2012 survey data, Hospice of Knox County ranked in the top 10% nationally in these areas:
- Providing enough instruction about care of the patient
- Families receiving the right amount of information on the end of life process
- Families receiving the right amount of emotional and spiritual support
- Receiving the right amount of support for dealing with anxiety and sadness
At the end of 2011
- 100% of our families reporting, indicated that their loved one received the right amount of pain medication
- 100% of our families reporting, indicated that their loved one was always treated with respect and dignity